Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Love You More




This book was provided to me by Thomas Nelson. It is a complimentary copy of this book.

When I first decided to give Love You More a whirl, I had high hopes for it. As a parent, I figured it would be something I could relate to, even though I haven't adopted. However, there were times when I was sorely disappointed.

Jennifer Grant is a good writer and all, but as I got farther and farther into this story of how she came to adopt her Guatamalan daughter, I was annoyed and frustrated by some of the things she was 'saying'.

Like the time when she claimed another student's mother was a deadbeat because she sent in store-bought desserts for a party. Or the moment where she felt the need to change the clothes of the little girl she was adopting because they weren't what she pictured.

It just seemed like she was becoming increasingly egotistical and acting like she was the best mother in the world, wheras everyone else didn't even come close. People like that make me angry and I seriously wanted to punch her in the face.

Overall, the book was interesting and insightful about adoption, but Jennifer Grant really needs to learn how to be a more appropriate person. Pride is one thing, but she has taken it way too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment